Dylan is taking swimming lessons at the Elk Grove Racquet Club, and is in his second session. He loves them and is doing really well with getting himself comfortable in the water - a big change from just a couple weeks ago.
Max loves boots. He puts them on, he takes them off. He wears them and tromps along in them.
I remember, when I was much younger, being deathly afraid of even going into the water, much less actually swimming. The memory is as clear as if it were yesterday, standing there, staring down into the deep blue pool, unfathomably deep, and swearing that there was nothing in this world that would get me into that water.
Funny the things which stick out, even years down the line.
I think Dylan had the same sorts of thoughts just the Saturday before his swim lessons began. Who knows why there was a sea change. He still has some hesitancy about some things they want him to do (e.g., float on his back), but overall he's come a long way.
2 comments:
I remember, when I was much younger, being deathly afraid of even going into the water, much less actually swimming. The memory is as clear as if it were yesterday, standing there, staring down into the deep blue pool, unfathomably deep, and swearing that there was nothing in this world that would get me into that water.
Funny the things which stick out, even years down the line.
I think Dylan had the same sorts of thoughts just the Saturday before his swim lessons began. Who knows why there was a sea change. He still has some hesitancy about some things they want him to do (e.g., float on his back), but overall he's come a long way.
Post a Comment