Saturday, December 11, 2010

Merry Christmas, All!

The Family. Apple Hill, CA.
November, 2010



Sorry for the long delay in posting anything... Password/Google issues.

A lot has happened in our lives since I last posted back in October. Most recently, I just got back from a visit with my older sons, Jack and Matthew, in Louisville, KY. What a great trip that was! We three got to go out on numerous photo shoots (thank you Teresa and Gypsy for letting me steal your guys!), which was a blast. I am so impressed and inspired by Matt and Jack's skills and their eyes... Also I got to spend time with my granddaughter, Dahlia, which is always a treat. Thank you to Matt and Jack and especially their respective families for opening up their homes to me and for their patience and kindness. It will be a trip I will long remember.

Before I left for Kentucky, we (Jennifer, Dylan, Max, Grandma, Grandpa and I) all loaded up in the minivan and went up to Apple Hill to find a couple of Christmas trees. We did, and brought ours home and set it up. Everyone was kind enough to wait until I got back to decorate the tree, so we did that tonight. This whole process has become our new annual tradition, and it's a very enjoyable one.

Above is a photo taken by the one of the Christmas tree farm workers as we were trudging around in the "cold" (I think it was maybe 50 degrees - nothing like what I was going to feel when I was back in KY!). A nice photo for a quick grab...

We hope all of you and yours have a very Merry Christmas, that you have time to be with those you love and are important to you, and that the new year brings you health, contentment and good cheer!

No comments: