We were so happy to have Jack, Teresa and Dahlia (otherwise known by Dylan as "Big brother Jack, Teresa and my little niece"), visit us at the beginning of the month. We were also fortunate enough to have Grandma Pilulaw make the trek up here from Santa Barbara, so she could visit her kid, her grandkids, and her great granddaughter! (And many thanks to Aunt Connie and Uncle Gary for making that possible - and our home just a bit less crowded!)
No matter how long such visits are, they are never long enough. It was great having them here, very hard to say 'good-bye' when it was time, and we miss them each day.
Oddly enough, I found I had taken few photos. Mostly it was because I had Max in my hands a lot of the time. But then again, there was so much to do, and I really wanted to spend time with them, taking photos wasn't top of the list.
(I must note that having two young boys full of life [Dylan and Max], two older boys who have set on their own life journeys [Matthew and Joaquin], a beautiful and supportive partner and wife, and a gorgeous granddaughter [Dahlia], makes for a rich, complex, challenging and multifaceted life - the likes of which I could never have imagined! Everyday I am amazed and thankful that I get to live this life, that I have all this love from all these wonderful and amazing people. I am, indeed, a rich and fortunate man.)
Here is a selection of photos from the Big Visit:

The requisite Group Photo
Back row: Jack, Uncle Gary
Middle Row: Teresa, Grandma Pilulaw, Aunt Connie, Max, Mommy
Front Row: Dahlia, Dylan

Another like above, but with Poppy
added to the back row

Max entertains, as only he can,
Grandma Pilulaw and big brother Jack

"My little niece,"
as Dylan referred to Dahlia

Dahlia finds an interesting orb to contemplate

Dahlia tries her best to do a Vulcan mind meld -
Impressive!

Dahlia finds something utterly fascinating

And then the fascination fades...
(notice Dylan, like all men, oblivious to what is happening because he is so into his car)

Dahlia, with Teresa in the background,
explores the backyard of her relatives

Helping Dahlia
in the sandbox

Dahlia prepares to paint her masterpiece
in a new medium: water!

Dylan and Jack play a game of 21
with his backyard hoop -
home court advantage to Dylan!

Jack, an old-timer when it comes to Twin Peaks,
shows Dylan all the sites

Dylan and Jack looking at the the grand view
before them at Twin Peaks (all Dylan can see is the guardrail, though)

Jack, Teresa and Dahlia
on a windy day at Twin Peaks

Dahlia and Dylan
at the airport as Jack, Teresa and Dahlia prepare to return to Louisville, KY

Dylan and Dahlia share a special
niece - uncle moment
at Sacramento International Airport

Teresa holds the two kids spell-bound
(notice Dylan's fat lip he got in SF)

Dahlia impersonates a ZOMBIE!
No comments:
Post a Comment