Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dylan at Home


Dylan, January 2008


Dylan, January 2008



Here are just a couple of snapshots taken the last week. Nothing special. Well, I ought not to say that! I mean, the little boy is amazingly special. And then his Aunt Connie knitted the beautiful sweater which accentuates Dylan's blue eyes. And he is getting ready for his high chair, which is a pretty cool one... it's got wheels and all the latest gizmos! But no special occasion for the photos is what I meant.

What's been going on? Well, I have returned to work (sigh). I got used to spending nearly every moment with Dylan while I've been on vacation the last six weeks. So it's been a big adjustment for me. The only plus to it is that I get to come home and see that boy smile at me!

As for Dylan himself, right about the time I went back to work, he hit a rough patch. Dylan went through a major change in his attitude. Whereas he has been a very happy baby with just a few moments of being unhappy and fussy, all of a sudden - almost overnight it seemed to us - he became a baby that was mostly miserable with just a few moments of smiles. The techniques we used for calming him that worked flawlessly, were no longer working. Very hard on him, and on us as well. Maybe he was ill, or having a growth spurt or possibly reacting to the change in my schedule. We didn't know, and took him to the doctor. Not much help there, but it didn't seem like there was any overt illness causing this.

Now a week later, it seems like Dylan has more or less returned to his old self, though the sleep issue continues to be difficult. We are trying to find a solution - if you have any ideas, do share! We'd like to find one. We tried the crying it out method many weeks ago, and it was like torture for all of us.

Well, he's once again happy most of the time again. And, we are having a grand time and love him
with all our hearts!

No comments: